What you need:
- 500 gr. sardines cleaned and filleted
- 1 cup of Carolina rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 fresh onions, finely chopped
- 1 pc. Chopped garlic
- 2 yolks
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 100 gr. Top mozzarella fresh and grated
- 100 gr. butter
- Chopped parsley
- Chopped dill
- Chopped mint
- Finely chopped marathon
- 1 tbsp. dried grapes
- 1 tbsp. roasted pine nuts
- ½ tbsp. spice powder
- 100 ml white wine
- 50 ml ouzo
- Olive oil
- 15 gr. bread crumbs
- Cut the 100 gr. sardines in small pieces and in a deep pan sauté them for 3΄ in olive oil.
- Remove them and then sauté the onion and garlic in the same pan until they wither.
- Add the rice, raisins, pinenuts, fennel, saffron, pepper and all spice, salt and continue sautéing for 2΄more.
- Quench with the wine and ouzo and add ½ fl. waterand boil until absorbed by the rice, stirring gradually.
- Remove the pan from the heat and after it cools add the chopped sardines, chives, dill, parsley and mint.
- Try for salt and if necessary add.
- Finish the mixture by adding the yolks, the mozzarella and stirring, and then shape into a round, thin pie in a non-stick pan the size you want, after we have put melted butter on the bottom, sprinkle with the bread crumbs and cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the rice "pie" and spread with a little butter.
- Cook over low heat until the sardines turn brown, about 7'.
- Turn it upside down with the help of a plate and continue cooking until our rice becomes crusty and takes on a golden color.