GNTOThe Greek National Tourism Organisation recognises how important it is to provide a website accessible to all. That’s why we are constantly striving to find solutions for our visitors to make their lives easier.
Where possible, we follow the standards set by W3C and the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and the advice of people experienced in using screen readers.
Our sole design principle is ‘Design for All’. This has allowed us to provide an easy-to-read website that uses specific colour combinations, a clear font and easily legible font size.
Tips on how to surf our page
- We have added a shortcut at the top of all our pages that allows keyboard-only users that interact with our site to bypass the menu
- Surf using the headings. The website is structured to allow you to use the screen reader shortcuts to surf from heading to heading
- We describe images. All images are coupled with text that can be easily read by screen readers
- The colour combinations used help achieve contrasts that are easier on the eye. If you don’t like the basic colour scheme you can alternate to another skin by using the "choose skin" button shortcut
- If the font is not suitable, you can change the size without affecting page format
www.eoty.gr National Federation of the Blind
www.pst.gr National Federation of the Blind
www.fte.org.gr Lighthouse for the Blind
www.keat.gr Centre for Education & Rehabilitation of the Blind
www.nvaccess.org Greek NVDA Screen Reader