Health & Safety
Get ready for your travels
If your country of origin is an EU member-state make sure you are a holder of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or any other legal EU document issued by your nation’s social security agency. In such cases, the necessary treatment in Greece is provided by the following:
- the Social Security Institute Health Units (polyclinics) or doctor’s offices in the region
- Regional clinics (former rural clinics) or the Health Centres of the National Health System
- the outpatients’ departments of the hospitals.
If your country of origin is not an EU member-state, make sure you have consulted your social security agency for information before travelling.
- FIRST AID NATIONAL CENTER (Ambulances): 166
- SOS DOCTORS : 1016
- EUROPEAN EMERGENCY NUMBER: 112
- POISONING PHONE CENTER: 210 77 93 777
- FIRE AUTHORITY: 199
- POLICE: 100
- TOURIST POLICE: 1571
- PET HOSPITAL: 210 6038023- 24 -28 (Attica Region).