For the filling:
- ½ kg beef cut into cubes
- ½ kg goat meat cut into cubes
- ½ kg pork meat cut into cubes
- 120ml olive oil
- 250gr kefalotyri or feta cheese, grated
- 60ml red wine
- 60ml water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 spoon of marjoram finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of parsley finely chopped
- 2-3 spoonfuls of tomato paste
- 70gr of medium grain rice
For the traditional phyllo pastry sheet:
- ½ kg of flour
- juice from one lemon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ tea cup of olive oil
- approx. 1 tea cup of tepid water
Brown the meat dices in a pan using half of the quantity of olive oil and onion. Remove from fire and add the tomato paste diluted in the wine, the garlic, parsley and marjoram. Next you add the rice, remaining olive oil, cheese and water.
- Phyllo sheet:
Combine the flour, salt, water, lemon juice, olive oil, baking soda in a basin and knead until the dough becomes soft and smooth.
- Separate the dough in two balls and shape it with a rolling pin into two flat thick sheets.
- Oil an oblong baking dish 35 X 20 cm and lay one of the phyllo sheets on the bottom.
- Spread the stuffing on it and cover it with the other sheet. Fold the excess dough edges towards the inside.
- Sprinkle with water and olive oil and bake at 220 °C until the dough becomes crisp and golden brown.