For the cake:
- 12 eggs
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 12 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 8 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 vanilla
- 1 shot brandy
- lemon zest (one teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- little butter for the pan
For the Syrup:
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups of water
- a few cloves
- Beat the sugar with the egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites separately and make a meringue.
- In the mixture of egg yolks and sugar, pour and blend alternately, one tablespoon of almonds, meringue and breadcrumbs, until all the ingredients have been used.
- Then add the cinnamon, vanilla and lemon zest, followed by baking powder, brandy and ground cloves.
- Butter a baking pan, pour in the mixture and bake for 30 minutes at 180 °C.
- Prepare the syrup by boiling all the ingredients together.
- Wait for the syrup to cool down and then pour on the cake.