Tzigerosarmades from Thrace
What you need:
- Lamb or goat pluck
- Bolies ( or skepi, a kind of fatty tissue)
- 500 gr. Green onions
- Some dill
- Several mint leaves
- 1/2 cups of rice
- Butter for the browning
- Freshly ground pepper
- Blanch the entrails first and cut it in small pieces as for mageiritsa. Then, chop finely the onions and the flavourings. Melt the butter and brown the entrails. Add the onions and flavorings and keep browning for 3 more minutes.
- Then add the rice, pine nuts, raisins, salt and pepper.
- Drop the bolia in cold water, in which you have already added some vinegar, then rinse it with cold water, stretch it and cut it in square pieces. Place them one by one on your working table. Place some stuffing in the center of every piece and wrap it so as to form small parcels.
- Put these in a baking dish on which you have previously spread some butter and put it in the oven at 200o C for 1 hour approximately.
- Douse with the juice of one lemon shortly before serving them.