What you need:
- 300 g of peeled almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 table spoons of fine semolina
- 300 g iced sugar
- 1 ½ cup rose water
- Mix almonds with two spoons of sugar and smash them.
- You can use already smashed almonds.
- Add the rest of the sugar, the semolina and 6 table spoons of rose water.
- Mix the combination until dough is soft. If it is too hard add one or two table spoons of rose water.
- Take small quantities of dough (in the size of a walnut) and mould them in a pear shape.
- On the top of each "pear" put a clove.
- Place them in a buttered baking pan and bake them for 20 minutes under medium heat.
- When cold enough put them in rose water and then cover them with icing sugar.
- Wait few minutes and then cover them again with icing sugar.