Sweet Pumpkin Pie
What you need:
- 1 kg. pumpkin flesh
- 1/5 kg. pastry sheets
- 125 gr. sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated clove spice
- 1 vanilla capsule or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 40 ml. olive oil and extra pastry
- Cut the pumpkin in half, remove the seeds with a spoon, grate it with a coarse grater and place it in a saucepan with ¼ cup water.
- Boil until the liquids evaporate.
- Add the olive oil, sugar, cinnamon, clove spice and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Preheat the oven at 180 ° Celsius.
- Oil a pan and place 3 pastry sheets on the bottom and keep aside three for the top.
- Brush olive oil on each pastry sheet.
- Alternate placing the pastry sheets (2 at a time) in your pan with the filling until you’ve used all. (Do not forget to brush on oil on each sheet.)
- Cover with the 3 pastry sheets you placed aside, brush its surface with oil and carve into squares.
- Bake at 180 °C (preferably not fan baking). Allow the cake to cool slightly and serve.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon if you like.