What you need:
- 300gr. fresh butter (traditionally sheep’s or goats’ milk butter)
- 110gr. icing sugar
- 600gr. flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- vanilla seed or extract
- 25gr. brandy
- 125gr. almonds
- icing sugar for dusting
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar until pale and creamy (the more you beat it, the crunchier and fluffier your kourabiedes will be).
- Add the flour, the baking powder, the vanilla seed, the brandy and beat until combined.
- Dry the almonds in the oven at 160°C for 15 minutes and crack them in large pieces.Add them into the mixture.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place them on parchment-paper-layered trays.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes at 160°C until light golden and set aside to cool completely.
- Roll them into icing sugar, place them on a plate and dust generously with more icing sugar.