Fasolada Bean Soup
What you need:
- 350 gr. beans
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 stalks of celery with leaves
- 1 cup fresh tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt – pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Soak the beans for 12 hours in water, then drain and boil them for 10 min.
- Drain them again. Fry the diced onion in a small quantity of olive oil, then add the cooked beans, some hot water, the sliced carrots, chopped celery, grated tomato, tomato paste and cover your pot.
- Boil the soup for approximately 1 hour (boiling time depends on the type of beans used). When it’s nearly cooked, add salt and pepper to taste, a pinch of sugar and the rest of the olive oil.
- Season your bean soup with some lemon juice.