Love in Lefkada - A Greek Island Love Affair
One of the most unspoiled of the Ionian islands with a sophisticated capital. stunning inland walks, magical waterfalls and villages full of character. luxurious accommodations, first class watersports, yacht charter sailing and an array of mouth watering gourmet cuisines. The west coast of Lefkada can be described as the Caribbean of Greece, with white washed sands, azure waters, verdant landscape and magical sunsets.
The picturesque east coast is a haven of privately owned islands including Skorpios (recently purchased by Russian billionaire Ryblovolev from the Onassis family). Aristotle Onassis hosted star-studded parties here during the late 1950s. Guests included John F Kennedy, Winston Churchill, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, The Aga Khan, King Farouk of Egypt, King Faud of Saudi Arabia, Eva Peron, John Paul Getty, John D. Rockefeller, John Wayne, Greta Garbo, Grace Kelly, and of course Maria Callas and Jacqueline Kennedy. The myth about Sappho's suicide at Cape Lefkada is related to other myths linking the island to the ancient Greek goddess of love; Aphrodite.
Lefkada Luxe Love List : Be inspired by our glittering collection of unique properties. Come and share the luxury and elegance of our beautiful hideaways and be the key holders to a home with a heart; perfect for honeymoons, romantic breaks or a special occasion holiday with loved ones.
* Villas Aurora : Earth, Sea and Sky are located in south-west Lefkada, overlooking the Ionian Sea in perfect seclusion, yet just a 15 minute drive from the busy tourist resorts Vasiliki and Nidri and a 20 minute drive from one of Europe’s most picturesque and famous beaches Porto Katsiki.
* Villa Octavius : is an exclusive retreat nestled amongst the hills offering spectacular panoramic views to the islands of Skorpios and Meganissi. A short 5 minute drive brings you to the local harbor town where shops, banks, restaurants and all amenities including mooring are available. The interior designed villa has been styled using rare fabrics and antiques from throughout the world. From your hilltop retreat, look out onto a stunning landscape. Fragrant lemon orchards and olive groves lie below; Turquoise Sea, islands and mountains shimmer beyond; a cooling breeze bears scents of jasmine and thyme, stirring fragrant pines on the mountains above - and at night, the velvet-black sky is a carpet of stars.
* Thea Resort Villas : These amazing one of a kind villas offer everything you could ever dream of. Built in 2012, Thea Resort consists of two two-storey villas Thea I and Thea II. The tranquil surroundings of this property offer the perfect chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer! Thea Resort is not a fashion it will always be your everlasting romantic memory. Located in one of the most beautiful areas of southern Lefkas island, the Urania Luxury Villas stand on a low hill overlooking breathtaking vistas of the Ionian sea near the famous Greek beaches of Egremni and Porto Katsiki.
* The four residences, villa FOS, villa HELIOS, villa IOS and villa IRIS, are nestled among oak and olive trees, spaced far enough apart to ensure privacy.
* Villa GEOFOS : is situated one km away from these, alone on a hill with fantastic southern and western views.
* The Pavezzo Country Retreat comprises a group of old renovated houses built on a hill slope at the edge of the village Katouna on the beautiful Ionian island of Lefkada. Built in the late 19th century and home to ten families, the properties have been converted into exquisite houses, maisonettes and apartments with a shared pool, gardens and verandas as well as two independent villas with private pools including Villa Honeymoon. Each house has its own unique style, decorated with elegant antiques, furniture and artwork giving it a natural, rustic and romantic flavor - a perfect combination of old school glamour and simplicity with today's modern comforts.
Nove Cento is the restaurant of Pavezzo where breakfast of fresh fruits, juices and a variety of homemade products including cakes, different tyoes of bread, jam and other delicaies is served daily. Guests can enjoy a light meal or dinner in this elegantly furnished and decorated dining room with a private and cosy atmosphere.
The Rahma Spa at the retreat boasts stunning views of the green hills and provides guests the chance to relax, unwind and revitalize with its hamam and jacuzzi as well as offering aromatherapy, chocolate-therapy and massages for a truly pampering experience.
by Naomi Jane Adams