Rhodes Roads holidays
We believe in alternative ways of discovering the world. In addition to taking guests around the well-known sights on Rhodes, a cosmopolitan island popular with tourists, we discover untouched land where the scenery alternates rapidly under the deep blue of the Greek sky, beside charming beaches and crystal clear waters.
We take our guests on a tour of certain alternative aspects of our ‘home’ and enjoy the ride with them. We chose a means of transport that respects the environment. The mountain bikes we provide our guests with are tailored to the rider’s body type and are cutting edge products from the bicycle industry. All guests are also provided with safety gear.
The only motor vehicles we use are our jeeps that we use to pick up guests and drop them off at the airport, and to get quickly to the medieval city of Rhodes and the ancient acropolis of Lindos. We pay particular attention to the location of our accommodation which is about 5’ walking distance or 2’ by bicycle from the outstanding Gennadi Beach and from Lachania Beach on southern Rhodes. Silence reigns supreme here and the accommodation is surrounded by the sea.
7 days schedule
We chose the site of the accommodation to allow any friends who don’t want to follow the full schedule to do their own thing, either at the complex enjoying the swimming pools and grounds, or in the nearby village.
Welcome day :
* Transfer from airport to accommodation
* Welcome drink. Meet your guides and fellow cyclists. Get to know each other better.
* Familiarise yourself with our programme. Short tour of the area.
Cycling Day :
* 9.00 : Transfer by mini bus to cycling location
* 9.30 : Cycling around dam/ Optional water sports activities/ Visit to traditional churches
* 14.30 : Transfer by mini bus to Gennadi. Delicious Greek snacks.
Sea Day :
* 9.00 to 14.30 : Transfer by mini bus to coastal location for cycling. Cycling route to the beach. Traditional Greek delicacies.
Medieval City Day :
* Free morning
* 14.00 : Optional Greek lesson
* 16.00 to 22.00 : Outing to the city of Rhodes. Meal at a local restaurant.
Exploration Day :
* 9.00 to 14.30 : Transfer by mini bus to cycling location
* Cycling route in the forest. Meal at a local restaurant. Greek cuisine lesson
Lindos Day :
* 14.00 : Optional Greek lesson
* 16.00 to 22.00 : Outing to the town of Lindos
Greek day :
* 9.00 to 14.30 : Cycling route to nearby village. Greek cuisine lesson - Delicious Greek snacks
Rhodes is an ideal place for cycling as there are numerous routes, all with a good quality surface and a variety of gradients. The island’s natural terrain and its unique environment offer exciting routes for mountain biking on remote paths leading to clear waters as well as forest roads. The mountain bikes we provide our guests are selected to match the rider’s body type and all guests are provided with safety gear. No super athletic physique is necessary. Our team who take you on your exploration are experts and know the history and culture of Rhodes inside out. They are skilled cyclists too, and with their help you will learn some hints and tips to surpass yourself.
Daily tour :
* 8:00 : Our coach will pick you up at your hotel
* 8:30 : Start exploring Rhodes on a mountain bike. Bikes are selected according to your body type.
* Cycle along country paths, trails and rural roads. During your journey learn about the nature and history of Rhodes from our group leaders. Destinations include lakes or remote beaches depending on the day of the week.
Enjoy a delicious Greek snack to recharge our batteries before the return journey.
* We then head back to the coach by mountain bike. You’ll be back at your hotel by around 14.30.
For more info: http://www.rhodesroads.com/Rhodes Roads