Five beaches to get you in the mood for Zante
The Beachionary Team visited Zakynthos this summer and got to explore some of the most beautiful corners of the island, focusing of course on the beaches!
1. Tsilivi Beach : It is a nice sandy beach approximately 5 minutes northern of the city of Zakynthos. It is a family beach with many amenities and many restaurants and coffee places. It is ideal also for a quick swim in the sea if you arrive late at the island.
2. Agios Nikolaos Beach (means Saint Nicolas) : It is one of the best organised beaches on the island. It is a golden-sanded beach with umbrellas and sunbeds to rent; you can enjoy several water sports and even play beach volley in one of the courts available. Mostly popular amongst young people for the beach bars nearby.
3. Navagio (Shipwreck Cove) : No introduction needed for this amazing beach! Voted repeatedly as one of the best beaches in the world, this is one of the miracles of nature! Its turquoise water and the tiny white pebbles make this a must-visit place on the island. The beach takes its name from the wreck of a smugglers ship that lies there since 1982. The beach can only be accessed by boat but there are several boat services leaving from the capital of the city all day long. Don’t forget to bring food and water with you.
4. Limni Keriou (which means Candle Lake) : is not a beach of extraordinary beauty like the ones mentioned above. However, it offers visitors a unique chance to rent a small boat and enjoy a full day of sea activities. By renting one of these small boats, for the day or for a couple of hours, you can explore the beautiful Laganas Cove, the adventurous Keri peninsula with its numerous little isolated beaches, visit the tiny Marathonisi island with its two beautiful beaches or, if you are lucky enough, see a Caretta Caretta sea turtle, a protected species that breeds in the Laganas Cove.
5. Blue Caves : The imposing Blue Caves are at the northern tip of the island and are only accessible by boat. The white rocks along with the sun create a marvellous colour pallette in the water that varies from deep blue to light blue and turquoise. The area is ideal for those into diving or snorkelling. After spending five wonderful days in Zakynthos, the Beachionary Team can assure you that the Greek sea and hospitality are NOT in crisis!
About beachionary.com Beachionary is a social platform dedicated to discover and showcase the best beaches from all over the world. It provides detailed information on more than 8,200 beaches and aims to help users find truly special summer destinations and share their experiences with fellow travellers by rating beaches, writing reviews and uploading amazing photos.