Seven Affordable Attractions in Greece to Visit with Kids
1. The National Gardens : Frommers lists the National Gardens in Athens as one of the top attractions for families, and it’s also a very affordable option. The gardens feature duck ponds, a zoo, and a playground. They also have a children’s library with plenty of books written in English and some toys, making this a great option for a rainy afternoon.
2. The Mount Likavitos Cable Car : Another popular attraction for visitors to Athens who are traveling with children is the Mount Likavatos teleferique – cable car railway. The railway runs up to a café that sells ice cream and lots of walkable paths. The cable car operates every twenty minutes during the summer.
3. Allou Fun Park :This big amusement park is a great way to spend a day with the family, especially if you have older children. Featuring roller coasters and a larger Ferris wheel, the park is similar to those in the United States. If you have a wide range of ages to please, consider the nearby park called Kidom that’s for children under thirteen.
4. Faliraki Water Park : For families looking for a wet adventure beyond Greece’s fabulous beaches, consider going to one of the country’s many water parks. A popular and affordable option is Faliraki Water Park in Rhodes.
5. Open Air Theaters : Most cities in Greece have fun, open-air movie theaters. Ask at the ticket booth to see if a movie is playing in English with Greek subtitles. Many big American movies distributed in Greece have this option. These theaters don’t usually serve popcorn, but the uniqueness of the experience will make for a fun, affordable outing.
6. Aquaworld Aquarium : This small aquarium in Crete features local sea animals as well as lots of reptiles from around the world – most of which were rescued by the museum’s owners. The aquarium is much more affordable than most American aquariums, so you won’t break the bank on a family trip here.
7. Lychnostatis Open Air Museum : Even kids who don’t seem interested in Greek culture will enjoy this museum of Cretan traditional life. They can enjoy a grape treading performance and a wine tasting all in one visit! It also features dance performances and Greek artifacts.
Thinking of planning a trip to Greece? Don’t forget to check out CreditDonkey for a comparison chart of travel credit card benefits.
Traveling to Greece with your kids will be a memorable vacation. Just plan to spend plenty of time on the beautiful beaches, a little time in interesting museums, and be sure to get a taste of the Greek life.
Daniela Baker http://www.creditdonkey.com/travel-tips.html