TOP 5 BEACHES OF KEFALONIA
Beaches crowded or isolated, with sand or pebbles, organized or not.
Certainly, every beach on the island is a different magic picture and whatever choice you make the experience will stay engraved in your memory.
In this text, we tried to pick the 5 best beaches and present them to you.
1. Myrtos - It is the trademark of Kefalonia with numerous international awards as one of the best beaches in the Mediterranean and it is certainly worth it. Moreover, every year Myrtos is being awarded from the Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO) with the blue flag. The scenery from above is unique and the view is certainly breathtaking. Green rocks that result in quite a long beach with white pebbles and the Ionian Sea at its best. The turquoise waters, with or without wave, will make your swimming experience unforgettable. And when you finally descend and encounter the infinite blue, you will be enchanted. Do not leave until watching the sunset; it’s a unique experience.
2. Antisamos - The island of Kefalonia attained special glamour and publicity because of the Hollywood production “Captain Corelli's Mandolin”, which was filmed in the year 2000 on the island. The beach that fascinated most viewers was no other than the beach of Antisamos. Awarded with the blue flag, it is located a few kilometers away from the port of Sami. The landscape combines all shades of blue and green, where the vegetation grows almost into the sea.
3. Petani - "ePiETANoI" is a word of Homer, meaning an area with abundant water throughout the year. The Petani Beach consists of fine white pebbles and crystal clear turquoise waters. The path to the beach is just as unique as the beauty of the whole of the landscape which literally leaves the visitor speechless. The beach is fully organized with canteen, sun beds and many restaurants on the seafront. Enjoy your coffee or drink, while admiring the breathtaking sunset.
4. Xi (ksi) - Xi Beach is an exception compared to other beaches of Kefalonia, because it has no steep cliffs or deep waters. Instead, it is very easily accessible. Its waters are very shallow and thus more than suitable for children. What makes the Xi Beach so unique and extremely impressive is its reddish color of sand. Because of its clayey composition, one can enjoy a natural and free spa session, as it is said to have cleaning and tightening effects to the skin. The beach is well organized and you will easily find a parking place. For water sports lovers, Xi Beach offers a big variety (Jet-Ski, Water-Ski etc.).
5. Skala - Its crystal clear waters, the vegetation that grows almost into the beach and the beach area that is over three kilometers long have turned Skala into an important touristic center over the recent years. Skala Beach is fully organized but preserves its own distinct character. Apart from the village and the beach of Skala it is worth visiting other beautiful beaches and picturesque villages situated in the southeastern part of Kefalonia.
About the Author www.kefalonia-tours.gr/en is an online Travel Guide, member of myGreece.Travel, translated into 3 languages.
Purpose of the guide is to promote the island of Kefalonia and the identification of occult beauty.