Blue Flag app
“Water is the source of life, purification and healing of the soul and body. It is the essence that has the capacity to depict, write over and carry the invisible mental energies as well as the emotions of the people“. Masaru Emoto.
With this application, you can swim in the cleanest waters of the world. The Blue Flags application based on the power of simplicity and directness provided by your mobile brings you all the Blue Flags around the world.
Through the application you can see all the beaches and marinas that have a Blue Flag, which is a certification from the Foundation for Environmental Education that a beach or marina meets strict standards of cleanliness and organization. The application is unique in it simple design and offers direct access to clean beaches and marinas. More specifically, the possibilities offered to you are the following:
• 11 languages, English, Greek, German, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, French, Russian and Turkish
• Each place has real time weather info and 3 days forecast
• Blue Flags are sorted by municipality, then all places are sorted by distance from your location
• Easily navigate to the beach using your favorite navigator app
• Map displaying all places per country (you can select country in app's settings).
• Type of beach (rocky or sandy), information about facilities, lifeguard & disabled access to the beach
• 46 Countries, 4413 beaches & marinas in total
The primary objective of the Blue Flags programme is to bring the public closer to the environment as well as to encourage users to learn more about it. Therefore, environmental education activities must be offered and promoted in addition to a permanent display of information relevant to the site in terms of biodiversity, ecosystems and environmental phenomena.
App store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beach-flags/id1265462606
Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=beach.flags.worldwide