Baked Lemon Potatoes
What you need:
- 1 kilo potatoes peeled, quartered and then halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons of virgin Greek olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mustard, mild
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ cup fresh strained lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons of dried oregano or thyme
- 5 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot with cold water and heat at medium high flame. As soon as the water starts to boil, simmer for 8 minutes, then drain and let them slightly cool down.
- Whisk together the wine, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano (or thyme).
- Place potatoes in a baking pan large enough to hold them in one layer and then poor the above mixture over them. Toss them gently to make sure the mixture goes everywhere.
- Bake uncovered in a very hot oven for 10 minutes and then let them bake at 190oC for another 25 - 30 minutes.