MEGARON - THE ATHENS CONCERT HALL / ATHENS
Kavakos and FriendsLeonidas Kavakos returns to the Megaron, inviting with him some of the most brilliant representatives of the younger generation of Greek soloists, on Sunday 12 and on Tuesday 14 February 2023.
This is a select group of musicians who often work together and have already developed a close artistic relationship. Kavakos and his distinguished company invite the audience on a two-day exploration of the demanding repertoire of chamber music, aiming to illuminate its different aspects and highlight its breadth. The journey begins with three consecutive duos, for violin, viola, cello and piano in the Dimitris Mitropoulos Hall, where its acoustical properties reveal the different timbres and eclectic affinities between the four performers, in the best possible way. In the same acoustic atmosphere, the musicians perform the Quartet in E flat major, op. 87 by Dvorak. Τhe second evening is hosted in the great Christos Lambrakis Hall, with all the soloists on stage and with two landmark works of the Romantic repertoire, the iconic quintets for strings and piano by Schumann and Brahms.
- Rebecca Clarke: Sonata for viola and piano
- Igor Stravinsky: Suite Italienne for cello and piano
- Maurice Ravel: Sonata for violin and piano
- Antonín Dvořák: Piano Quartet No. 2 in E flat major op. 87
- Robert Schumann: Piano Quintet in E flat major op. 44
- Johannes Brahms: Piano Quintet in F minor op. 34