Peloponnese International Doc Film FestivalThe 7th Peldocfest will take place in Kalamata from 18th June to 4th July and the rest of the network in the Peloponnese, in Sparta, Patras, Gytheion, Ksylokastro, Amaliada, Akrata, Dimitsana, Stymfalia and the new members of the network, Levidi and Derveni, from 18th June till 28th July.
All the screenings will take place in open-air cinemas and cultural spaces according to the safety protocols, for the protection of the audience, the guests and the staff.
For a whole month, the festival will present the films in a summer mood, traveling to beaches and mountainsides of the Peloponnese, including 58 international and 27 Greek films.
Moreover, there are many parallel events in Kalamata. Specifically:
- Seminar about Making a Documentary, by Dutch director Robert Rombout for the students of University of Peloponnese
- Seminar about Street Cinema by Italian direction Tekla Taideli for the students of Fine Arts of Athens and young locals.
- Masterclass about Paper Cinema: Directing a Comic Book Page, by renowned artists Giorgos Mpotsos and Andrea Bruno.
- International comic exhibition “The 7th art meets the 9th Art” by Greek and international artists: Giuseppe Palumbo and Andrea Bruno, two of the most important comic artists in the Italian scene, the legendary Croatian artist Danijel Zezely and four of the greatest Greek comic artists, Thanasis Petrou, Soloup, Giorgos Mpotsos and Soto Anagno.
- Presentation of the graphic novel "21:The Battle of the Square" by Soloup-aka Antonis Nikolopoulos-, who is trying to rewrite the events of the Greek Revolution of 1821 through a modern eye, revealing little secrets kept for years.
This year's festival will close with a narrative film, Mythopathy by Tasos Mpoulmetis. This special screening is under the cultural program "Spathmos Cinema", in which they screen modern Greek films in old Railway Stations.
Like every year all the screenings, seminars and parallel events are free.