FOLKLORE MUSEUM - COSTAS FRONTZOS / IOANNINA
Averoff Street Cosmima GianninaThe temporary exhibition "Averoff Street Cosmima Giannina" presents jewelry from the Folklore Museum "Kostas Frontzos".
The first silversmiths' shops in Ioannina were housed, after the fire that destroyed a great part of the city in 1869, in the Kamares Street. After the liberation, in 1913, Kamares Street was renamed to George Averoff Street, where the dew of silver with traditional artifacts and the aura of gold gradually began to blow. Citizens of Ioannina and travelers, locals, and foreigners, old and young, have lots of memories from the workshops and silversmith shops of Averoff Street!
The temporary exhibition presents jewelry from the Folklore Museum "Kostas Frontzos", plain or crafted with more intricate, delicate compositions, various techniques, and materials.