Travelling to Chora of Kithira
- The medieval castle of 1503. It dominates on a hill at the end of Chora and has amazing view of the Cretan sea. Byzantine churches, as well as the mansion of Agglonarmostis which nowadays houses the Historic Archive of Kythira are still preserved.
- The Byzantine churches in the castle “Mesa Vourgo”
- The central square with the bars, coffee houses and the amazing view.
- Aghios Markos Catholic church
- The Archeological Museum with its small but remarkable collection of findings from the Mycenaean times up to the Byzantine period
- Aghia Pelagia chapel built in a cave at Feloti bay with its beautiful beach.
- Easter is a beautiful celebration in Chora, with an impressive Resurrection ceremony at Panagia Mirtidiotissa church. The icon procession which departs from the monastery and ends up in Chora starts on Easter Sunday. The icon is processed again around Chora and afterwards comes a big feast. The second day of Easter the icon is taken from Chora and for 25 days people process it around the villages of the island just to end up again at the monastery. Wherever the icon arrives a great celebration takes place.
- Many cultural events with concerts, exhibitions and traditional dances are also organized during August.