A beautiful village built in the shape of an amphitheater with traditional stone houses, where the visitor can see the skills and artistry of the craftsmen of Epirus. Avlonary is located 68.5 km east of the town of Chalkida.
- The Cultural Center of "Ioannis Ar. Tzemis”. Tzemis”.
- The Venetian tower in the center of the village.
- The Chania of Avlonari. - The settlement Chania Avlonariou, where you will have the opportunity to observe the hagiographies of Aghios Dimitrios Monastery. You will also see the imposing century old plane tree out of the monastery.
- The stone arched bridges, near Aghios Georgios.
- The female monastery of Aghios Charalambos of Leukon (Middle Byzantine period).
- The Folklore Collection in the village of Orio.
- The church of Aghia Thekla around 2 km W, in the homonym settlement. The church has some impressive wall paintings (13th-15th century).
- Oktonia or Ochthonia, 5km NE, with running waters and rich vegetation. Here, you can visit the Byzantine monastery of Aghios Dimitrios Kataraktou.
- The village Vrisi, 10km NW, in a location full of plane and chestnut trees. The old watermill outside the village which still works and Kolethra spring which comes out from underneath a rock are worth a visit.
- Swimming at Mourteri, Korasida and Kalamos.
- Three-day feast of Aghios Ioannis Prodromos (St. John the Baptist) on August 29th.
Useful Phone Numbers
- Municipality of Avlona: 22230-32.340
- Police station: 22230-31.276
- Local medical center: 22230-31.217