The heart of Greek Autumn!
The beauty of the mellow, charming colours of the autumn landscape in Greece beckons you to get away from the daily routine and enjoy a short trip in the arms of nature! Rivers, lakes, mountain ranges and forests are the ideal settings for you to experience in close-up the miracle of season change. The enchanting palette of golden yellow hues on leaves is the predominant feature in the natural kingdom at this time of year!
Here is a list of things for you to try in November:
- Discover Ioannina, the lovely capital town of Epirus Region and Lake Pamvotida – there’s a legendary islet within, enveloped in historical tales and fables. Try the local delicious dishes and feast your eyes on the lovely traditional jewellery.
- Travel south to the Thessalian land and practice your skills in canoeing and kayaking down Pineios River, following a scenic route towards the sea.
- Peek in the traditional Greek larder and succumb to the discreet charm of the spices used in the Greek cuisine.
- Board the Athens metro trains for a memorable tour around the treasures which lay unseen for so long and were unearthed as excavations for the Athens metro system were under way
- Head north towards Thessaloniki and visit the European Youth Capital for 2014! You will see shots of events planned for the coming year which is expected to be rated as restless, lively and multi-faceted…
- Wear your sports shoes and run alongside thousands of athletes of international repute, in the 31st Athens Classic Marathon.
- Visit our YouTube channel and enjoy an amazing video which is all about the beauty of Greek autumn colours!
Sweet thoughts and pleasant feelings will flood through your heart!
Click on image to read the newsletter